The value of Enterprise Architecture (EA) is to align your IT development with organisational aims and objectives, informing all of your development priorities and design decisions. As your EA capability becomes more mature, the more predictable the outcomes will be in terms of providing real value to your organisation.
We offer a structured approach to continuous improvement of your Enterprise Architecture by independently benchmarking capability against a detailed maturity model. The model covers:
- Governance and Planning
- Framework and Blueprint
- People Development
For each area of the maturity model, your organisation will be classified on a scale covering:
You will receive a detailed report of your strengths and weaknesses and what areas you will need to address to get greater value from your Enterprise Architecture. The following benefits can be achieved through implementing recommendations to improve capability:
- Greater efficiency – minimising the risk of projects being held up as a result of outstanding interdependencies or architecture issues that are not visible.
- Improved stakeholder satisfaction – business stakeholders understand and value the contribution of the IT function and see it as an enabler rather than a constraint.
- Increased business flexibility – a mature EA capability leads directly to highly flexible architectures and the ability for the IT function to respond positively and rapidly to business change.
- Reduced risk – as a result of a capability assessment, the organisation will be able to define a prioritised strategy to address the weakest capabilities and thus reduce a range of risks such as a lack of benefit realisation, duplication of costs and effort etc.
- Lower costs – ensuring the process for earlier identification of incompatibility and interoperability issues between existing and new components is robust thus avoiding costly rework, expensive contract changes or project delays.