Reducing the cost of WHH Telecommunications
ASE introduced the concept of cost management to Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (WHH).
The cost management service offered an independent verification of WHH telecommunications spend which identified immediate savings, mid to longer term cost reduction opportunities and promoted an on-going culture of cost awareness and management.
ASE provided specialist staff who developed a sustainable cost awareness culture, majoring on contract management and maximising operational efficiency. All services provided were required to deliver best-practice techniques, technology options, skills transfer and enhanced billing options. Complete transparency of costs and services was sought taking into account the entire life cycle of the project.
ASE provided an assessment of the current tariff and contract arrangements as well as the retrospective billing.
Gaining an understanding of the total cost of telecommunications provided a robust baseline from which future savings could be compared. Baselining the telecommunications services expenditure enabled stakeholders to verify which services were in use, which were still required and the total cost of each service.
ASE aligned the contracts and ensured meaningful and accurate billing information going forward.
The following outcomes were delivered to WHH:
- A review and baseline of voice services identifying cost reductions, improved billing information and cost avoidance techniques.
- A working partnership to deliver immediate and agreed savings totalling 25% of annual telecommunications spend.
- Minimal impact to the customer base (12 month vision, transparent changes wherever possible).
- Gain share – effectively the exercise paid for itself.
Underlying the delivery, ASE brought together an effective package of service offerings, tailored to the specific requirements of WHH, including:
- Succinct management data and full impact analysis.
- Voice service overview.
- Rental and call billing review including risk/benefit impact analysis.
- Incorrect billing and overcharges identified and actioned.
- Immediate and on-going cost savings delivered.
- Transfer of cost awareness skills.
- An optimised and sustainable service.
Steve Barrow, Deputy Director of Finance, WHH NHS Foundation Trust commented, “ASE worked with us to consolidate the Warrington and Halton Hospitals Telecoms services and reduce costs, providing annual savings of 25%. They collaborated with our key staff keeping them informed at each step of the process with excellent written and verbal updates and transferred cost management skills throughout the engagement. ASE demonstrated specialist knowledge of tariffs, provided innovative solutions, were skilled at supplier negotiations and delivered significant savings. I would highly recommend their cost management service”.