TfL Commercial Transformation Programme
To transform the commercial function by identifying and delivering operational efficiencies and refocusing the resources to activities to add value to TfL and address the savings targets.
ASE’s responsibilities included:
- Programme set-up, PID production, development of the programme phases, project plans and deliverables.
- Producing the outline business case to initiate the programme and then the ongoing development of the value case.
- Facilitating senior workshops to establish scope, outputs and approaches.
- Designing an activity analysis and analysing the outputs to identify operational efficiencies.
- Leading the implementation activity and planning to establish the new operational teams.
- Development of the specifications to contract a third party partner to provide commercial resources and the approach to soft market test, pre-procurement.
- Development of the tender documentation and commercial arrangements to procure Category Management specialists to accelerate the development of Category Strategies.
- Development of new organisational models and job descriptions for the Directorate to focus on value and efficiencies.
- The creation of a new operational team to deliver the identified efficiencies and improve the availability and accuracy of information and management information.
- Harmonisation of job descriptions to enable more staffing flexibility.
- Using the released headcount from the efficiencies to create value-adding roles relating to leadership, category management, supplier relationship management and supply chain management.